Vegas 4x4

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

April 2024

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Similar topics

Latest topics

» Fellow Off Roader
LETS HELP A FELLOW WHEELER GET INTO THE EXTREMITY GAMES! I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 16, 2013 8:31 pm by Scrambler-4-Life

» Xod on deck
LETS HELP A FELLOW WHEELER GET INTO THE EXTREMITY GAMES! I_icon_minitimeSat May 12, 2012 7:41 am by Tys 4x4

» New Jeeper
LETS HELP A FELLOW WHEELER GET INTO THE EXTREMITY GAMES! I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 28, 2011 11:34 am by Tys 4x4

» new guy to the forum
LETS HELP A FELLOW WHEELER GET INTO THE EXTREMITY GAMES! I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 29, 2011 1:36 am by UrbnKrwlr

» New guy
LETS HELP A FELLOW WHEELER GET INTO THE EXTREMITY GAMES! I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 29, 2011 12:05 am by runninyota

» ello
LETS HELP A FELLOW WHEELER GET INTO THE EXTREMITY GAMES! I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 26, 2011 12:58 am by Winged

» LETS HELP A FELLOW WHEELER GET INTO THE EXTREMITY GAMES!
LETS HELP A FELLOW WHEELER GET INTO THE EXTREMITY GAMES! I_icon_minitimeMon May 16, 2011 10:57 pm by UrbnKrwlr

» New Guy - 68 Chevy
LETS HELP A FELLOW WHEELER GET INTO THE EXTREMITY GAMES! I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 23, 2011 12:18 pm by Tys 4x4

» VEGAS4X4.ORG T-Shirts and Hoodies
LETS HELP A FELLOW WHEELER GET INTO THE EXTREMITY GAMES! I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 13, 2011 1:53 am by UrbnKrwlr

Navigation

LETS HELP A FELLOW WHEELER GET INTO THE EXTREMITY GAMES!

UrbnKrwlr
    UrbnKrwlr

LETS HELP A FELLOW WHEELER GET INTO THE EXTREMITY GAMES! Empty LETS HELP A FELLOW WHEELER GET INTO THE EXTREMITY GAMES!

Post by UrbnKrwlr Mon May 16, 2011 10:57 pm

http://www.crowdrise.com/ChrisRidgway

HERE'S THE STORY:

The Extremity Games are JUST around the corner and we want to get our super fast, super star friend Chris Ridgway to Michigan on May 28th to race in Adaptive Motocross once again! As a four-time Extremity Games Gold Medalist, and two-time X-Games Gold Medalist, Chris has never let his prosthetic limb stop him from achieving his dreams of being the fastest guy on one leg.

The goal here is simple... we are raising $5,000 for the Limbs For Life Foundation, a non-profit that buys limbs for amputees in need, so that Chris can get back to the Extremity Games and claim his 5th gold on behalf of the organization. By promoting the organization that outfitted him with his very own limb for life, Chris hopes his efforts continue to inspire other amputees to succeed reaching their dreams.

The full scoop on Chris – Chris Ridgway is an amputee from Apple Valley, CA and competes wearing a prosthetic left leg. Chris suffered catastrophic injuries to both legs in 1995 when lost control of his motorcycle during a motocross competition and fell 40 feet. When he landed feet-first on the up-slope of the next hill, he suffered compound fractures in both legs.

His left ankle was especially mangled and it would be three years before Ridgway would compete again. When he came back, the pain became too much and Ridgway opted to have his left leg amputated below the knee in 2002. Unable to pay for a prosthesis, he turned to the Limbs for Life Foundation, which awarded him a new prosthesis so that Chris could resume his career.

His competitive spirit originated with motocross and he has since competed in many different events, including Adaptive Motocross, Rock Racing, King of the Hammers, Grand Am Rolex Series, the Silver State Classic, and Baja 1000. Some of his impressive wins include the X Games Gold Medalist: 2008, 2009; and the Extremity Games Gold Medalist: 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010.

http://www.crowdrise.com/ChrisRidgway